- Strong Biology, Plant Physiology, Soil Science background. Excellent computer-based visual, oral and written communication skills to successfully interact with the high-powered and dynamic technical, regulatory, sales and marketing functions within the organization and with the company’s customers and suppliers.
- The candidate must possess advanced knowledge of plant physiology, plant pathology, and plant identification.
- Hands-on experience with design, assembly, operation, maintenance and repair of agricultural chemical equipment, pumps and piping systems, tanks, vessels, mixing equipment such as impellers/grinders/dispersers, - gauges, liquid application spray/flood units, programmable logic controllers (PLC), PLC interfacing, etc.
- The ability to identify target crop pests and pest damage; e.g. bacterial damage, viral damage, insect damage, and be able to utilize digital platforms to assist in field crop and pest identification.
- The candidate must possess advanced mathematical comprehension, including a strong grasp of dimensional analysis.
- The individual must be comfortable in remote field, farm, and forest settings.
- Ability to utilize principles of scientific obviousness as a stopgap in field settings.
- Willingness to undergo continuing education in cross disciplinary fields.
- Ability to direct/coordinate activities to ensure product performance data is properly collected and reported to corporate leadership.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure as part of a multi-disciplinary team of individuals.
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous complex projects with short deadlines and quick, short turn-around tasks while still producing superior quality work products.
- The candidate MUST possess excellent computer-based visual, oral and written communication skills to successfully interact with the high-powered and dynamic technical, regulatory, environmental, sales and marketing functions within the organization and with the company’s customers and suppliers.
- The candidate MUST have specific knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note and Access.
- The individual WILL be required to travel >85%, including remote areas and international travel to business units within the southern hemisphere.
- The position is based out of Pittsburgh, PA.
- The individual will be required to pass an extensive background check and drug history screening.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Passport.
Reports to: Agricultural Product Development Manager
Interfaces with: Kop-Coat Technical Managers, Staff, Sales Force, and Agricultural Customers.
Major Responsibilities, Authorities, and Requirements:
- This position would be responsible for agriculturally important chemical demonstration trials.
- Technical support of customer operations, new customer start-ups, and technology integration within separate business units.
- Coordination with 3rd party academic and commercial agricultural laboratories.
- Greenhouse and entomological laboratory upkeep and maintenance.
Qualified Candidates can submit a resume/CV and a cover letter to HR@kop-coat.com. Please include the Position Title in the subject line of the email.
Kop-Coat Protection Products is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.